I don’t know about you, but this quarantine has given me a great excuse to have a lot more Self-Care days than I used to… and I’m not mad about it! If there’s one thing that always makes me feel better when I’m stressed, (and I’ve got a bit more stress than usual right now, don’t you?) it’s a nice face mask or other special spa-like treatment that I don’t have as much time for since I became a mom.
So for today’s post, I’ve put together a few of my favorite products that I use when I’m needing just a little extra pampering. I hope that you see something here that you want to try out and maybe you’ll find a new favorite product too!
- These face masks are on the inexpensive side and are a great weekly refresh for your face. I love that there’s a wide variety, so you can pick what your skin needs the most from week to week.
- TULA’s star bright masks are probably my new favorite self-care item! This mask comes in 2 parts so you can get a better fit for your face. I prefer this to your standard sheet masks that always seem to be made for someone with a face the size of a watermelon. These also have a cool jelly-like texture and feel super cool on your face – perfect for these warm weather months coming up! What’s even better is that right now when you purchase these masks, TULA is donating 100% of proceeds from these mask to getting medical masks to healthcare professionals helping the fight against COVID-19. They’re also 50% off!
- TONYMOLY Foot Peeling Shoes absolutely save my feet when they are beginning to feel rough! I love putting these on my feet and then just sitting down and watching an episode or two of The Office. While you have to wait a week or so to see the results from this product, I promise you it is so worth it.
- A candle like this one from Bath and Body Works (or just your personal favorite) is also a must for me when I want to take my relaxation time to the next level. As a new mom, there’s a lot of not so great smells in my house right now (helloooo dirty diapers) and a nice clean scented candle is just what the doctor ordered.
- Another thing that I love when I’m looking to squeeze a little self-care into my day is a good blanket. Just ask my husband, he’ll tell you we have more blankets in my house than we could ever need. But really, blankets are just something you always want more of and this one from Barefoot Dreams is actually what dreams are made of. Barefood Dreams can be pricey, but this blanket is over 50% off right now at Nordstrom Rack! These also make amazing gifts for your mom or grandma (or yourself, I won’t judge).
These are just a few of the things that I personally enjoy using to help me de-stress and recharge when life is feeling a little overwhelming. But self-care is certainly not limited to face masks and candles. Self-care can also look like getting outside and going for a walk in your neighborhood or a nature trail in your area, reading your favorite book, or even some breathing exercises. The important thing is finding what works best for you and what brings you the most joy.
Sometimes I start having mom-guilt about taking time to do something that’s just for me, but I have to stop those thoughts because at the end of the day if I’m not taking care of me first, then I won’t be able to care for my little one. I hope that you are taking time each week to check-in with yourself and giving yourself what you need to be the best version of you!